So its been a while since the last post, and I suppose you could say I've been busy. I am back at work and getting back into that routine after some time off, Kristin is still off for the rest of the summer so she is home with Milo. I am sure that is what most of you are wanting to know about , he is doing great, he is getting a little chunky, and we are continually surprised at how fast he grows.
He has lost his "newborn" look for the most part, I think a lot of that has to due with his hair growing in, which at this point looks blonde, but sometimes it seems like it has a little bit of a red tint to it. He is well over 12 pounds now, and when we went in for the last checkup he was little bit over 21 inches tall. He enjoys playing with his mom at home and listening to music, even the worship leader in the band I play in at church noticed how attentive he gets when we start playing, he seems to like acoustic guitar a lot, and he also seems to enjoy Creedence Clearwater Revival and Zeppelin (maybe someday we will be treated to a trio rendition of the Immigrant song with Milo's cousins).
Another thing he really likes is the didgeridoo, if I play the didge and I put it close to him he will move his feet and put them under the didge so he can feel the vibration.
He makes us laugh everyday with his perfectly timed smiles and the conversations he seems to hold with himself. We had a good fourth of July, just kind of hung out at home and watched the fireworks from our balcony in the evening.
On other exciting news we got a new car, I had to sell the green 2 door Civic I had been driving since we couldn't fit the car seat in it, and when Kristin and I both go back to work we need 2 cars that can hold the car seat. So we ended up getting a used 2007 Toyota Rav4, we got a really good deal on it and it has only 24,000 miles on it and is still under factory warranty because its only 2 years old. It is a blue color, the official color on the vehicle description is Voodoo blue, whatever that means.
Other than that, as I mentioned before, I have been back to work for 3 weeks now, I am getting back into the work routine, and starting to get a lot of projects done. The summer is usually the time that I spend working on webpage projects or other technical projects behind the scenes because I am not constantly bombarded by research help requests from the students. So I fell a little bit behind when I was off with Milo, but am catching up quickly, and hey the more I have to do the more secure the job is right!!!!!
Some of you know we have been looking for a home for the last month or so, we have found some nice places and put a few offers in, but nothing has worked out as of yet, we found a home that we had an offer accepted, but the inspection didn't go as well as we hoped and since the home was bank owned, the seller was unwillingly to drop the price or fix the issues found in the inspection so we withdrew the offer. We are still on the hunt, we know there is a place out there for us, I hope we are able to find it this summer though so we don't have to move when we are both back working. That is what is going on for us here in SD, I'll try and not let so much time get away before my next new post.
No comments:
Post a Comment