So I was threatened with bodily harm if I didn't include pictures in this post, ok maybe not with bodily harm, but I was threatened with a certain somebody self censoring themself from this blog if I didn't put in pictures, and since it is strict policy of mine not to negotiate with threatening demands, there will be no pictures in this post. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (thats maniacal laughter in case you didn't know). Actually the real reason there is no pictures is that it seems that every chance I get to make a post I don't have my flash drive with me that has my pics on there.
This semester is stretching me right now. I have more things to do and less time to do them at work, which is making things a bit stressful. Enrollment is down at the college, and last week we had some lay-offs, so we have less library employees, which means I've picked up a number of new responsibilities, while at the same time having my hours shortened a little bit. Thankfully, I agreed to teach a computer class for the adult program, which starts in April, so even though I am losing hours, because of that I am not losing a lot or any income, and of course since I have less hours I get some extra time off, which is nice. At least things look very positive for the Fall semester, the college has many students interested in coming here for Fall, so the attitude on campus is that once we get through Spring everything will get back to normal.
Things at home couldn't be better, everything is going great with Kristin's pregnancy, we are having fun getting the bedroom ready, we bought a crib on Monday, and have gotten a nice shelving thing to keep books and toys in, I took a huge load of things to the Goodwill and now my closet and music room (or baby room I guess) is starting to take shape.
I played drums at church for the first time on Sunday, and realized that my drumming skills are VERY VERY rusty. I haven't really been able to play my set in close to 2 years, so it was a bit of a challenge, playing 4 new songs that I had never drummed to before, after not playing drums at all for a while, and then only having 45 minutes to learn the songs on Sunday morning. So it was a little rough, but it came out ok.
So thats a quick summary of what is going on in S. Cal, more posts and yes even pics at some point to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know that you are not too busy to post some news and pictures here
ReplyDeleteI sensed somebody was watching and keeping tabs on how busy I am, probably with secret spy satellites. I am on to you :)
ReplyDeleteWe are always watching
ReplyDelete